Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!!

I celebrated my 3? birthday the best way I know how. At the State Fair (yes, again with the fair. I LOVE the Fair and it's only 2 weeks a year. Plus it was $2 Tuesday)
Of course, we brought lots of quarters to feed all the little animals in the FFA building. I love the FFA building. Nothing makes you feel more like an American than doing putt putt golf while a video of FFA members in their blue jackets sign the Star Spangled Banner.
Annalise fed Every Single Animal in the barn. I think she may have kissed a couple too.
Another reason we had to go to the fair is that my very good Friend, Erica was making a Midwestern tour so her daughter, Averelle, could meet all the people who love her in the heartland. This was Averelle's first trip to the fair. You can see that it wasn't all that exciting for her, but she did touch a cow and posed in front of a 4 wheel drive JD.
Later, after Evie got home from school, we opened my presents. Jim was out of town in MN that day and he gave me permission to open them before 7 pm (those Tallers have so much self control). This is my stash. Plus, I have on my Squeezebox t-shirt from the last appearance I attended. Who doesn't want a shirt with a half accordion/half orange on it??
Miss Elle woke up for the party and flashed some grins. She is adorable! and we loved on her as much as we could in 3 days.
For my birthday, among other pretty and nice things, I got a box of LEGO bricks. The good building kind, not the flat space kind. Of course, the girls and I opened them immediately and built all kinds of stuff. We have big plans to separate out all the building blocks from the flat space blocks so we can really start creating.
Jim made it in early from MN and brought home an ice cream cake from Culvers. YUM! I guess my age is no longer a secret. I'm on the slippery slope to 40. I'm not going down without a couple of maragaritas.
I get lots of help blowing out my candles. Thanks for the great party!

No comments:

Post a Comment